back to article Phones don't cause eye cancer, finds study

Despite scare stories about developing a uveal melanoma - eye cancer, to you and me - from prolonged mobile phone use passing us by, a study’s confirmed that there’s no link between the two. Researchers at the Martin Luther University in Germany studied the mobile phones usage patterns of the 1653 people, of which 459 had …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Joke

But

But how can you be SURE.

Unhappy

studies do need to b done, however...

just last night, i was chatting to a couple who are moving to the country to 'get away from wi-fi radiation'. naturally, the decision was made for the sake of their kids, the mother having swallowed some pretty skewed journalism courtesy of eco-scare-doom-mag, the ecologist.

being a fairly cynical person i asked to read the article, wherein i discovered that a baby monitor can produce more microwave radiation per unit area than a wi-fi router (baby monitors are generally very close to the baby) and almost as much as a mobile phone directly against the cranium. leaving the obvious nonsense assumption that there is less radiation in the country aside, i wonder whether they will be getting rid of their mobiles and baby monitor any time soon? i rather doubt it. if people were really that worried about the long term effects of electromagnetic radiation THE SCIENTISTS and THE GOVERNMENT could do a lot worse than banning visible and ultraviolet light, genuinely proven causes of skin cancer...

it is a shame that many people are more inclined to trust hack journalists with an axe to grind (FACELESS MULTINATIONALS WANT TO KILL US ALL) than our own brains and judgement...

This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums