The PlayStation 2 is nine years old, but its sales remain strong. Sony has announced that it has now sold 50m units in North American alone. Predecessor to the PS3, the PS2 currently costs around $130 (£88/€98) and recent figures from market analyst NPD revealed that 206,000 units were shifted in the US during November 2008. By …
"However, the slimline model – released in 2004 - is extremely, well, thin and makes an excellent DVD player."
Actually it's a pretty rubbish DVD player (the Microsoft astroturfers made a huge deal of why Blu-Ray on the PS3 would suck, because the PS2's DVD player sucked. How wrong they were).
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call