Research in Motion (RIM) has published a patch that fixes a pair of critical flaws in the way BlackBerry servers handle malformed PDF files. The two related security updates address vulnerabilities in the PDF Distiller of the BlackBerry Attachment Service for BlackBerry Unite and BlackBerry Enterprise Server, respectively. As a …
Is there any other type of Pointless Document Format?
More likely they want him to ditch his BB because - as Prez - his every email will be recorded, and they wouldn't want any Conressional Committees finding emails like;
Yeah, sell my seat to Jesse for two large.
Love and kisses,
Sent from my Blackberry"
Yet another hole
Are all these security issues a ploy by you IT people to keep your industry afloat and have a job for life fixing your own cr@p work? The old IT adage that "there's no work unless the sh!t keeps hitting the fan" seems to go on for ever.
Sure, nothing is perfect, but gaping holes due to negligence, or left there deliberately for the snoops to have access.
What we need is more eager and paranoid volunteers to build and test open source to the hilt. Sure they have holes as well, but at least they are more motivated and more numerous to spot them and fix them.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan