For the 16th year in a row, IBM has topped the annual list of patent-happy American tech companies. The list tanks high-tech vendors by the number of patents they were awarded in the United States over the previous year. We can debate about the significance of this feat in a moment. First, the numbers, which ironically have not …
"IBM wanted to point out that its total number of patents was larger than those from Microsoft, HP, Oracle, Apple, EMC, Accenture, and Google combined."
We should also remember that IBM has been around a lot longer than most, if not all, of those companies too.
@ By Jason Harvey
for certain much longer
and long may IBM continue to invent rather than pinch other people's ideas! (we can all pick those from your list I think?)
IBM is still rare as a company where engineers are valued high for their contributions - long may that continue, I say this as a bean counter by training - but a techie by spirit :)
even IBM's CFO has patents to his name - bet that is pretty unique amongst IT companies!
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?