For the 16th year in a row, IBM has topped the annual list of patent-happy American tech companies. The list tanks high-tech vendors by the number of patents they were awarded in the United States over the previous year. We can debate about the significance of this feat in a moment. First, the numbers, which ironically have not …
"IBM wanted to point out that its total number of patents was larger than those from Microsoft, HP, Oracle, Apple, EMC, Accenture, and Google combined."
We should also remember that IBM has been around a lot longer than most, if not all, of those companies too.
@ By Jason Harvey
for certain much longer
and long may IBM continue to invent rather than pinch other people's ideas! (we can all pick those from your list I think?)
IBM is still rare as a company where engineers are valued high for their contributions - long may that continue, I say this as a bean counter by training - but a techie by spirit :)
even IBM's CFO has patents to his name - bet that is pretty unique amongst IT companies!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs