Feeds

back to article Paris Hilton website violated by Trojan-spreaders

Virus authors reportedly planted malicious code on Paris Hilton's website late last week. Following the attack, surfers visiting the ParisHilton.com site were prompted to install an "update" via a dialogue box. Whether they accepted this update or decided to "cancel" it, a download of a malicious executable was initiated, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

So...

What's the IT or Paris Hilton ang... oh. Sorry.

rge
Paris Hilton

is she still there yet?

oh dear, what an awful shame.

Coat

I'm confused

i just don't get it. Where's the Paris Hilton angle in this story?

Paris Hilton

But surely...

...in this case, the multi-talented Ms. Hilton is free of any responsibility for the attack. She may know less about computer security than I know about drunken orgies in European nightclubs, but there's no way she actually built and maintains her Web sites, no? Airhead or not, seems to me the person who's responsible here is whatever clod she's paying to do her Web site.

The T-Mobile and Facebook thing I can see; presumably she chose her own passwords, after all. But unless someone's going to say that she designed and coded the Web site herself--a prospect I find unlikely--this one ain't her fault.

J
Paris Hilton

Oh...

Oh, she has a website? Wonders never cease... :-)

Jan
Paris Hilton

famebook™ - www.famebook.com

Register now for pre-launch updates @ www.famebook.com or follow @famebook...Launching soon and amalgamating the world's only endorsed fame and celebrity content under one roof....also taking social networking to a whole new level.....and securely!

Joke

Paris Hilton spreading viruses

who would have thought it! Still at least only like two guys could have been effected........

Thumb Down

hawkeye

Bless her little cotton socks :(

Thumbs down - cos everyone love PH, and everyone else is gonna get on the PH icon tip...

Go

Trojans

I think they sell those out of machines in truck stop rest rooms for $0.50.

Paris because she already knows what a Trojan is good for.

Paris Hilton

Paris™® forecasts massive Q1 hotness drop

Paris™® has warned that her "Hotness™®" will fall sharply below previous estimates due to collapsing demand from her users and sex-tape makers in the global recession.

In a December conference call with people who care, Paris™® projected a "Hotness™®" decline of about 32.1 per cent during Q1 of '09.

Silver badge
Paris Hilton

Better publicity through IT insecurity

genuine problem or canny PR?

You decide!

(I couldn't find a PR icon...)

Alien

I'm embarrassed

Well, not really. Never been to her web site to have no idea what's ever been there. Can't really understand WHY anyone would go there, either. I guess I'm getting too old. I'm certainly not getting any better in my taste for the female of the species.

Paris Hilton

Titter ye not

So those backdoor rumours are true...

Paris Hilton

You deserve what you get

Anybody stupid enough to visit her site deserves to be infected with a trojan.

Paris because... ...do I really need a reason this time?!

Ok lets face it

Anyone who goes to parishilton.com doesn't have a credit card. There pre teen's looking for hair and makeup tips.

Any self respecting adult looking for paris hilton will likely Google her along with "nude" as the search query.

Bronze badge
Joke

Spreaders??? You wonder?

Should've thought that was fuc*king obvious...She has already reportedly admitted to having two "Spreaders".

Get out more. Or, in more....

Alert

Naughty

Spreading a trojan is pretty naughty.

...but not as naughty as filming yourself shagging and then leaking it to the internet.

So, now we know where to get the trojan but where can we get the grunt-flick?

Thumb Up

Re: Titter ye not

Yeah she loves the backdoor action....

Coat

On her face of it...!

Like website, like owner!

IT angle> Her website got violated through sloppy security.

Paris angle> She didn't have a career until her security got sloppy on video! Only with two different men though! <cough>

<Dons coat while texting 17,000 taxi firms...

Bronze badge
Paris Hilton

Good memory, though

Never forgets a face once sat on.

Or, should my title be "Good mammary...". Dunno.

Paris, natch.

This topic is closed for new posts.