Oracle has apparently joined the ranks of tech vendors cutting staff but is still - relatively speaking - sitting pretty. The world's largest supplier of databases has reportedly cut between three and four per cent of its sales and marketing "expense" and two per cent of general and administrative expenses. As of May 2008 - …
Who uses oracle any more? You have to be daft to use that clunky database. Even Sybase is a better solution, but hey with the likes of Postgresql and MySQL it is just plain silly to use anything else.
A lot of the big softtware companies are going down in the next year or so, open source has prevailed for the utility software that developers need to build solution on. And quite frankly there is no love lost, none of the big software corps helped out developers, bar perhaps IBM.
Oh boy. It's amazing how people still think of Oracle as a database-company. Ever cared to look at Oracles product portfolio? Welcome to 2009...
@ AC If you bothered researching...
... you would see that some of the world's largest payrolls, HR systems, procurement systems and much more are run by Oracle software and it's not just sold as a database.
Not everything which is free is better.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests