A bus ride to school has suddenly become a much more hi-tech affair for some lucky Birmingham pupils. A local bus firm’s just rolled out double-decker Wi-Fi, and has also launched an RFID ticket trial. The Big Green Bus Company, which runs school bus services, now offers free Wi-Fi access on all its 23 routes in Birmingham, …
Nice idea .. wish they had it when I were a lad
The "Red Arrow" bus service which runs between Chesterfield and Derby/Nottingham recently added a free Internet wifi service to its fleet ... and I sometimes glimpse it on my wifi radar as it "speeds" past in the traffic 8-)
School pupils aren't allowed phones, games consoles, laptops etc at school...
Way ahead of them at Monash
They've been doing this since October on Monash Uni shuttle buses in Australia.
I guess that means Australia isn't as far behind the rest of the world as we think :P
You're an idiot - just because they aren't allowed, do you think that stops them -- if you do you're as naive as the rest of the government education organisation.
And you're dumber than Paris
They are allowed phones at my daughters school - just don't use them [= switch off] during lessons or else they will be taken & held until the end of the day.
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!