Seagate's December sales were much worse than feared and the company is expected to respond to revenues falling off a cliff by sending up to ten per cent of its staff after them. In early December Seagate, the world leader in the hard disk drive market, lowered its quarterly revenue forecast to a $2.3bn - $2.6bn range, from an …
Personally I blame Vista. I have never used it myself but from what I hear it's really bad and is stopping people from buying computers which has a knock-on effect to hard drive manufacturers?
Personally i blame the RIAA - if they let people download music they'd soon fill up their hard drives and so create demand for new/bigger ones!
Personally I blame global warming. All that heat is causing people to get lazy and they are not reaching for their wallets enough to buy hard drives at every opportunity!
I still have many PATA drive enclosures that I would like to max out with the Seagate 750GB drives, but after the summer of 2008, they seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth...
If Seagate stopped manufacturing these, they are a bit short sighted.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests