AMD's RV770 graphics processor went portable at the Consumer Electronics Show with a new range of Mobility HD 4000 GPUs for notebooks. The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4000 series GPUs are similar to their desktop cousins in many respects and will come in flavors for high-end gaming laptops, low-cost notebooks, and the mobile machines …
i don;t suppose
they're going to standardise the interface while they are at it too. I would love to upgrade the piece of junk in my current laptop to a workable graphics card, i had to buy on a budget, however, not when it means buying a whole new laptop to do it.
Perhaps you can upgrade
Depends on whether you have a discrete GPU, or whether its handled onboard- perhaps you may be able to upgrade?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015