AMD's RV770 graphics processor went portable at the Consumer Electronics Show with a new range of Mobility HD 4000 GPUs for notebooks. The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4000 series GPUs are similar to their desktop cousins in many respects and will come in flavors for high-end gaming laptops, low-cost notebooks, and the mobile machines …
i don;t suppose
they're going to standardise the interface while they are at it too. I would love to upgrade the piece of junk in my current laptop to a workable graphics card, i had to buy on a budget, however, not when it means buying a whole new laptop to do it.
Perhaps you can upgrade
Depends on whether you have a discrete GPU, or whether its handled onboard- perhaps you may be able to upgrade?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth