back to article Iomega slims down, bulks up portable drives

Iomega has updated, prettified, and ruggedized its eGo line of portable drives, including some announcements that came this week at Macworld Expo. Of the Expo announcements, the most fitting for the location was the eGo Helium, a bus-powered USB 2.0 drive. As explained by Charles Hayes, Iomega's regional product manager of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard

who needs hardware encryption these days

On a OSX Mac you can either run the cross-platform TrueCrypt OSS or just create (using Disk Utility) a disk sized .dmg with 128 or 256-bit AES encryption turned on. Works with any hard drive you care to mention and SD cards, CDs, DVDs and even over network shares (data is encrypted/decrypted at client end so it always encrypted across the network).

2. Bad Beaver
    Paris Hilton

For the Air?

How many frikkin' USB-Ports does the drive come with? Iomega doesn't tell. I sure hope there are at least two of them so you are not clean out of ports just because of the HDD, or would that be all too functional?

3. TeeCee Gold badge

@Bad Beaver

No idea, but my money's on sod all.

My reasoning here is that if this thing sucks juice for its own use to the extent that it may require an add-on power brick in some cases, running a couple of extra ports as well would be a no-no.

4. Beardyman

Perfectly named!

eGo seems the perfect name for a device to be used by fanboys!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Re: Perfectly named!

Thank you :).

6. Kevin

IOMEGA just plain ROCKS

bought quantity 2 of the 1TB eGO external drives. DIRT CHEAP, RUNS quiet, and what capacity. No one was even close when I bought back in November. very very nice product.

Now i can cut family video to hard drive, instead of all those magnetic tapes or burning DVDS which take forever to edit then burn.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like