Autonomy expects to see its revenues and profits for 2008 outshine City forecasts. The Cambridge-based firm said in an upbeat trading statement yesterday that despite the current economic doom and gloom rumbling through the High Street and hitting manufacturing, it had “outperformed the company’s expectations”. Autonomy founder …
that everyone else is reporting a meltdown and yet these people are doing quite well. I worked for these cowboys before ( see http://www.paullee.com/computers/autonomy.php ) and they had an overinflated opinion of themselves even then.
Government work coming their way?
If memory serves, Autonomy won one of Privacy International's Big Brother Awards about a decade ago. Their winning product was AI software that deduced social networks from the pattern of calls logged by telephone companies.
Could it be that Ms Smith has been talking with them, and that a slice of the mooted £12 billion is scheduled to head their way? Surveillance certainly seems to be one of the few remaining growth areas.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks