SanDisk has revealed missing details about its pSSD gen 2 netbook flash product, showing it's not as leading edge as it seemed, but could be ideal for netbook use. The company's main aim was not performance alone but cost. A spokesperson said it "wanted to bring as much capacity and performance as possible under or near the …
It needs it's own filesystem in order to be able to go faster... That sounds kinda ropey there and then.
What's the random write speed at different block sizes? That's what the peeps at home want to know.
If this turns out to be similar to the product Torvalds mentioned in http://tinyurl.com/8wpkfc I would steer well clear of it.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers