SanDisk has revealed missing details about its pSSD gen 2 netbook flash product, showing it's not as leading edge as it seemed, but could be ideal for netbook use. The company's main aim was not performance alone but cost. A spokesperson said it "wanted to bring as much capacity and performance as possible under or near the …
It needs it's own filesystem in order to be able to go faster... That sounds kinda ropey there and then.
What's the random write speed at different block sizes? That's what the peeps at home want to know.
If this turns out to be similar to the product Torvalds mentioned in http://tinyurl.com/8wpkfc I would steer well clear of it.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad