Nokia has lodged a complaint with the European Commission, claiming that IPCom is abusing mobile patents originally owned by Bosch that are already the subject of legal action in the UK and Germany. The patents concerned relate to GSM and were developed by Bosch back when that company had aspirations on the telecommunications …
Isn't it Ironic? Don't ya think?
Ironic that Nokia, aggressive backer of software patents, should find itself seeking protection from a patent claim.
You may recall they sued to patent DLL's link by index & name, just like masses of software has done for years via Symbian.
Which is a good reason that any "standard" needs to have all associated patents permanently assigned to the group that manages the standard, and not left in the wild to eventually end up in the hands of patent trolls.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad