NextWave has succeeded at last in offloading mobile TV developer IPWireless, which it picked up 18 months ago for $100m. Having announced it was getting out of the network infrastructure business last year, NextWave has managed to get $1m out of the IPWireless management for 75 per cent of the company. Dr William Jones continues …
Perhaps a better approach would be for IPWireless to sell this technology to OFCOM or the TV broadcasters as a way to use standard TV broadcast bandwidth more efficiently.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call