NextWave has succeeded at last in offloading mobile TV developer IPWireless, which it picked up 18 months ago for $100m. Having announced it was getting out of the network infrastructure business last year, NextWave has managed to get $1m out of the IPWireless management for 75 per cent of the company. Dr William Jones continues …
Perhaps a better approach would be for IPWireless to sell this technology to OFCOM or the TV broadcasters as a way to use standard TV broadcast bandwidth more efficiently.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it