Feeds

back to article Nature moves into 3D publishing

Astronomers, publishers and computing experts claimed a "significant milestone" in the New Year's Day edition of heavyweight boffinry journal Nature, saying it is "the first time a major scientific journal has used a 3-D PDF of graphics in an article". The 3D pdf format, which can be displayed by any computer with up-to-date …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

wheeee

It's a 3-D object in a PDF! Fun! And you actually made me install a new Adobe Reader in order to see it!

Anonymous Coward

If being 3 months later is first...

Spare me the hyperbole... Nautre were nowhere near being first for this:

Trends in Biochemical Sciences, ***Sept 2008***, Kumar et al. Grasping molecular structures through publication-integrated 3D models.

Currently available as a free download from http://www.cell.com/trends/biochemical-sciences/ as their featured article.

If I recall correctly, another journal might have published a 3D PDF at a similar time too, perhaps slightly earlier.

Boffin

Foxed

Spare me a thought someone.

Is it worth changing from Foxit Reader for something I am never going to pay Nature to read?

Bronze badge
Alert

Wait A Minute

"...sounding a death knell no doubt for publications like this one still struggling to get to grips with 2D graphics."

You have graphics?

This topic is closed for new posts.