One of the side effects of Adobe Systems releasing code under open-source, the company said last year, has been to let competitors into its Rich Internet Applications (RIA) back yard. One such competitor is Curl, which has announced its latest piece of Adobe-inspired work, something intended to gently cut the umbilical cord …
Curl = also-ran
It's big in Japan? Come on, you all can do better than that. Flex is the best RIA platform available.
You picked the wrong licence, stupid!
If you don't like the thought that somebody else could take your hard work that you Open Sourced for everyone's benefit, alter it just enough to make it incompatible with your original, call it their property and then not release the Source Code so nobody else but them can benefit from it, then release under the GPL.
Almost any other licence will bite you in the backside eventually (yes, even the former PINE licence; which had the unintended consequence that nobody except Gentoo dared distribute it).
Nice utility. The web Swiss army knife for the command line. With a perl script and no dependencies you can use Amazon's "REST" APIs ...
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching