One of the side effects of Adobe Systems releasing code under open-source, the company said last year, has been to let competitors into its Rich Internet Applications (RIA) back yard. One such competitor is Curl, which has announced its latest piece of Adobe-inspired work, something intended to gently cut the umbilical cord …
Curl = also-ran
It's big in Japan? Come on, you all can do better than that. Flex is the best RIA platform available.
You picked the wrong licence, stupid!
If you don't like the thought that somebody else could take your hard work that you Open Sourced for everyone's benefit, alter it just enough to make it incompatible with your original, call it their property and then not release the Source Code so nobody else but them can benefit from it, then release under the GPL.
Almost any other licence will bite you in the backside eventually (yes, even the former PINE licence; which had the unintended consequence that nobody except Gentoo dared distribute it).
Nice utility. The web Swiss army knife for the command line. With a perl script and no dependencies you can use Amazon's "REST" APIs ...
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed