Feeds

back to article Sand storm menaces Scottish Highlands

Those of you up there in the Scottish Highlands who are bracing for the expected -130°C big chill predicted yesterday by the Daily Star would do well to add Bedouin protective headgear to your inclement weather clothing checklist, if the BBC's five-day forecast for Aviemore is correct: Sand storm due tomorrow in Aviemore, BBC …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

<insert title here>

Well, at least the visability is good. Thats refreshing to know.

Paris Hilton

Pfft

You just don't know where you are these days!

Paris, because she doesn't know her arse from her elbow.

Thumb Up

Hurrah!

Anything for a change in the boring weather (forecast).

Linux

But the visibity will be good???

Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML

Oh gods ...

/me awaits the comments on the beavers being sent to sandstorm country >.<

Happy

They're pretty good usually

The BBC TV warned us of zero-degree temperatures yesterday at the same time as they reported minus ten in Aviemore.

Today they warned us it would go down (yes, 'down') to +4, at the same time as I was starting my car at -10 here in Dingwall. By lunch-time it had risen up to the banana-growing heights of -5 before cooling down for the evening. Who knows what we'll have tomorrow? Why not sand-storms, we've had 'em before.

Alert

It's + 40oC here today

What is this *minus* you speak of and why does it cause sand storms?

Unhappy

I wish....

Chuck Norris were here he would know what to do!

Here is the boring weather (forecast)

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KORBORIN2

Flame

Pfft ...

According to the weather station at the University of York (http://www.amp.york.ac.uk/external/weather/current1.html) it's currently -999C outside, with an atmospheric pressure of 1032mb. Granted, their mast is on top of the Physics building (itself pretty tall) so at ground level it's probably a tad chillier.

What I *do* know, however, is that -999C or not, it's bloody nithering out there!

Flames, 'cos it's cold, dammit!

This topic is closed for new posts.