AMD laid off 600 people in the fourth quarter of 2008, rather than the 500 it expected to let go. Severance payments and other benefits will cost the chip maker $34m, $13m will be spent on ending contracts and programs, $17m has been written off the value of its assets and $6m will be spent on closing factories and offices. In …
This should NOT come as a suprise to anyone!!! I'm surprised AMD hasn't gone out of business yet. Seems like it's all been done by design; as in the upper eschelon of AMD managment. GO INTEL!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad