AMD laid off 600 people in the fourth quarter of 2008, rather than the 500 it expected to let go. Severance payments and other benefits will cost the chip maker $34m, $13m will be spent on ending contracts and programs, $17m has been written off the value of its assets and $6m will be spent on closing factories and offices. In …
This should NOT come as a suprise to anyone!!! I'm surprised AMD hasn't gone out of business yet. Seems like it's all been done by design; as in the upper eschelon of AMD managment. GO INTEL!
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp