AMD laid off 600 people in the fourth quarter of 2008, rather than the 500 it expected to let go. Severance payments and other benefits will cost the chip maker $34m, $13m will be spent on ending contracts and programs, $17m has been written off the value of its assets and $6m will be spent on closing factories and offices. In …
This should NOT come as a suprise to anyone!!! I'm surprised AMD hasn't gone out of business yet. Seems like it's all been done by design; as in the upper eschelon of AMD managment. GO INTEL!
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)