VIA may claim its Nano processor isn't for netbooks, but that won't stop Samsung next month unveiling a 12in notebook-not-netbook based on the chip. According to Asian moles, the Samsung Nano-based machine - dubbed the NC20 - will be unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January 2009. Specifications include 1GB of …
To Atom or not to Atom
"The implication is that Samsung had to use Nano in order to use a 12in display. Sounds like cobblers to us. Intel seems to have had no problem with Dell's 12in Inspiron Mini 12 using an Atom CPU - and one for handheld internet tablets, at that"
Might that be because they aren't allowed to use the N270 netbook Atom on a 12"?
As its a bit of a strange decision, seeing every other other netbook has gone with the N270 rather than the Z530.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market