YouTube began removing videos with music from Warner Music Group's stable of artists this weekend after royalty renegotiations between the two companies broke down. WMG, the first music label to climb into bed with YouTube and lend the video publishing site an air of legitimacy, is now the first to roll out. The two companies …
Bee on a nettle?
This is one of those bee on a nettle situations, someone is going to get stung and I'm not particularly fussed which.
However, its nice to see that finally the music industry have run into someone that won't be bullied. RIA, Warner and all the other pirates have been making this kind of move on radio stations for years. Its good to see them not getting away with it against Google.
Perhaps music isn't actually worth what WGM think it is
This is what happens when a good idea (youtube) gets "monetized" and greedy pigs start pushing in to the trough.....oink oink oink
On a sidenote, I wish a painful death on the person that invented the word monetized.
so what i see here is a win-win
Video gets pulled, the internet gets rid of shite. win-win for us all.
Paris, 'cuz her videos aren't controlled by warner.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*