Users of Trend Micro's HouseCall antivirus scanner need to upgrade following the discovery of a potentially serious security bug. Attentive readers will have have already guessed the vulnerability involves a problem with an ActiveX control, specifically versions 220.127.116.118 and 18.104.22.1688 of the HouseCall ActiveX Control. Users …
Pretty obvious, really....
> "The vulnerability is caused by a use-after-free error in the HouseCallActiveX control (Housecall_ActiveX.dll). This can be exploited to dereference previously freed memory by tricking the user into opening a web page containing a specially crafted "notifyOnLoadNative()"callback function."
Beats me why Trend Micro didn't notice the problem before!
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24