Users of Trend Micro's HouseCall antivirus scanner need to upgrade following the discovery of a potentially serious security bug. Attentive readers will have have already guessed the vulnerability involves a problem with an ActiveX control, specifically versions 184.108.40.2068 and 220.127.116.118 of the HouseCall ActiveX Control. Users …
Pretty obvious, really....
> "The vulnerability is caused by a use-after-free error in the HouseCallActiveX control (Housecall_ActiveX.dll). This can be exploited to dereference previously freed memory by tricking the user into opening a web page containing a specially crafted "notifyOnLoadNative()"callback function."
Beats me why Trend Micro didn't notice the problem before!
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s