Users of Trend Micro's HouseCall antivirus scanner need to upgrade following the discovery of a potentially serious security bug. Attentive readers will have have already guessed the vulnerability involves a problem with an ActiveX control, specifically versions 126.96.36.1998 and 188.8.131.528 of the HouseCall ActiveX Control. Users …
Pretty obvious, really....
> "The vulnerability is caused by a use-after-free error in the HouseCallActiveX control (Housecall_ActiveX.dll). This can be exploited to dereference previously freed memory by tricking the user into opening a web page containing a specially crafted "notifyOnLoadNative()"callback function."
Beats me why Trend Micro didn't notice the problem before!
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- Video WATCH the SILENT DEATH of mystery SPACE CRUMBLE asteroid