Users of Trend Micro's HouseCall antivirus scanner need to upgrade following the discovery of a potentially serious security bug. Attentive readers will have have already guessed the vulnerability involves a problem with an ActiveX control, specifically versions 184.108.40.2068 and 220.127.116.118 of the HouseCall ActiveX Control. Users …
Pretty obvious, really....
> "The vulnerability is caused by a use-after-free error in the HouseCallActiveX control (Housecall_ActiveX.dll). This can be exploited to dereference previously freed memory by tricking the user into opening a web page containing a specially crafted "notifyOnLoadNative()"callback function."
Beats me why Trend Micro didn't notice the problem before!
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip