Western Digital has faced up to the deepening recession by announcing the loss of up to 2,500 jobs, executive pay cuts and the closure of manufacturing plants in Malaysia and Thailand. These actions are the result of a sudden and dramatic fall in demand for hard drives, particularly OEM demand for desktop, notebook and …
a first surely?
"Pay for all its executives, board-level directors and other senior management is being cut"
Surely they normally just sack more staff so the board can keep there abusive salaries? I'm almost impressed with this company... until they say they've cut salaries in the millions by about 20 quid probably...
Despite the terrible news
It's good to see that the management are taking responsibility and cutting their own pay, unlike the greedy bankers who caused this mess in the first place.
"CEO John Coyne’s base salary is cut 33 per cent. Chief Financial Officer Tim Leyden receives a 25 per cent base salary cut; the general counsel and chief technology officer both get a 15 per cent cut, as do the board directors."
I bet they will get bonus's to make up for the base pay cut
not made in china
as long as they don't start making their drives in China like Seagate, I don't buy any 'made in China' hard disks, as their are much less reliable with many more DOAs according to my experience and what I read around Internet forums.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops