back to article US firm vies for Opteron packaging excess crown

The Register excessive packaging monitoring sub-committee is obliged to Jay Coleman who earlier this week sent photographic evidence of how US firm CDW has made its pitch for the "Opteron overkill" crown in the "chip-in-big-box" category of cardboard outrages against Mother Earth: Two Opteron chips, each alone in a ten …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This..

..calls for dramatic/cataclysmic music and nice panning photos in a video.

If I had a day ff I would just sit there and laugh at an aboxalypse now montage.

Silver badge
Stop

Hold on!

I smell a Rat.

Those chips are not packaged in any antistatic packaging. So either the packaging is wrong, or I supect some foul play on the customers part.

Mmmmmm

Did it ship a day or two later than promised?

Did you have to call and ask WTF the Opterons were? Because otherwise, it's not from CDW, someone is simply inefficiently reusing a old CDW box.

Silver badge
Paris Hilton

bulk cpus

you dont get anti static wrapping when you buy trays of CPUs.

Coat

A title is required.

Hp is writing to demand an apology now for shaming them as the biggest over-user of shipping materials. The pallet containing their letter will arrive next week.

Mine's the one made from shipping tape...

Go

Rubbish

They're just using the postal system to take out their trash. I do that too ... send junk mail back to the sender in postage paid envelopes.

title

To be fair, they have managed to fit two Opterons into the box. That could have been two separate shipments.

Anonymous Coward

Funny

...."Snaps of solitary Flash memory cards enshrouded in bubblewrap and placed in a crate so large it has to be winched down to the customer from a helicopter are particularly welcome."

Lewis?

Are you getting enough caffeine?

Till slip

I got a till slip from Superdrug yesterday which was almost a metre long, for 48 first class postage stamps. No, they didn't ring them up one at a time, just four books of twelve.

Not quite a packaging excess, but at least a postage angle.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums