NetApp is closing down its Snap Mirror for Open Systems product, which came as the main part of its $160 million Topio acquisition. Topio was bought in November, 2006, and its main product was an any-source-to-any-destination replication product called the Topio Data Protection Suite. It could replicate data between …
Another failed acquisition?
NetApp seems to have a history of acquiring technology and then doing nothing with it. There's a lesson there somewhere.
Customers not wanting 'any to any' replication?
Sounds like NetApp are looking for a little 'vendor lock-in' to me....
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- New Snapchat Snapcash service inspires amateur PORN STARS