NetApp is closing down its Snap Mirror for Open Systems product, which came as the main part of its $160 million Topio acquisition. Topio was bought in November, 2006, and its main product was an any-source-to-any-destination replication product called the Topio Data Protection Suite. It could replicate data between …
Another failed acquisition?
NetApp seems to have a history of acquiring technology and then doing nothing with it. There's a lesson there somewhere.
Customers not wanting 'any to any' replication?
Sounds like NetApp are looking for a little 'vendor lock-in' to me....
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users