NetApp is closing down its Snap Mirror for Open Systems product, which came as the main part of its $160 million Topio acquisition. Topio was bought in November, 2006, and its main product was an any-source-to-any-destination replication product called the Topio Data Protection Suite. It could replicate data between …
Another failed acquisition?
NetApp seems to have a history of acquiring technology and then doing nothing with it. There's a lesson there somewhere.
Customers not wanting 'any to any' replication?
Sounds like NetApp are looking for a little 'vendor lock-in' to me....
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln