NetApp is closing down its Snap Mirror for Open Systems product, which came as the main part of its $160 million Topio acquisition. Topio was bought in November, 2006, and its main product was an any-source-to-any-destination replication product called the Topio Data Protection Suite. It could replicate data between …
Another failed acquisition?
NetApp seems to have a history of acquiring technology and then doing nothing with it. There's a lesson there somewhere.
Customers not wanting 'any to any' replication?
Sounds like NetApp are looking for a little 'vendor lock-in' to me....
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests