Feeds

back to article Cloud computing what’s really going on?

We’ve been skirmishing around cloud computing recently and now it’s time to put some meat on the bones with a mini-poll. It has just three main questions about your organisation’s attitude to the subject and about their perceived strengths and weaknesses. Obviously it’s still early days for cloud computing and none of us can be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
M7S
Bronze badge
Unhappy

Q3

So which way around do you want it?

Header says one thing, column headings say quite the opposite.

Are your polls arranged by the same people who do the "everyone loves ID card" surveys?

just a comment on the new layout vrs the first poll question

FAIL!!!

Thumb Down

@M7S

It will be interesting to see the results of Q3. Because it was confusing, I didn't answer any of Q3.

Anonymous Coward

Started to fill this in

Then realised I didn't have a clue what half of it meant.

"Infrastructure as a Service (Utility computing)" Do you mean "Are my servers hosted by a 3rd party?"

I think you should have stuck "Cloud" in the neologism poll. What's new apart from the name?

Thumb Down

Fantastic Idea but often crap end product

Cloud computing offers the ideal. Theoretical 100% uptime, immediate failover, snapshot backups blah blah blah.

What we have ended up with (with 3 different vendors now) is slow, unreliable machines with massive disk queue times, never reboot properly and cumbersome billing and management. Beyond more trouble than they are worth.

Back to Dedicated hosting now and getting some sleep at night too :D

When the questions are so complex...

...the results will be meaningless.

Tebbutt was a respected journalist. Surely he can communicate better than this!

Thumb Down

Jargon

Opex, capex, vertical, horizontal, skew-wiff?

What kind of people are you expecting to respond to this nonsense?

This topic is closed for new posts.