Don’t want to cough-up an arm and a leg for the iPhone 3G? Then get down to Carphone Warehouse, where you can pick up a Motorola handset for less than the price of a pint. motorola_w180 A BlackBerry Storm beater? (snigger) The W180 costs an unbelievable £2.89 ($4.30/€3.40), although you do have to simultaneously buy the pay- …
They were knocking out a £5 Nokia something-or-other on the same deal when I was looking for a cheapo for a foreign visitor, circa July, though they seemed to be perma-outta-stock.
Presumably the various nefarious fraternities who pervade society (dealers, terrorists, chavs) were stockpiling cheap, disposable blowers.
"the price of a loaf of bread"
Didn't know the Register's salaries ran to shopping at Fortnum and Mason!
Still, at least finally manufacturers are getting the idea of what a budget phone really is.
Does The Job
Talk about counting the pennies lol.
But if it does the job at the end of the day, Very cost effective.
Intresting to note...
The example I got from Carphone today is *unlocked*
If you need a phone for going out with and not afriad to drop in beer, this is it. Better than the F3 and with a usable interface. Its like the C168 which I use in the USA.
It works, it makes calls.... what more do you want from a phone that costs £3.
Of course, buy it handset only, and it shoots up to £39.10!!!
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK