Feeds

back to article O2 flunks Litmus test

UK operator O2 has just launched its latest attempt to create a mobile developer's community, ticking all the Web 2.0 boxes - just as the rest of the industry seems to be moving on. Like the dad arriving late to the party, O2 is keen to show off their Web 2.0 credentials: Litmus features social networking, user ratings, a blog, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Happy

Is that a typp

I thought it was formally known as the o2 and formerly known as the dome... Maybe that sentance is in beta too...

Thumb Down

Sad looking website

What a sad looking website it is as well :o(

You would have thought they would source a little bit more content to launch with!!

Anonymous Coward

Minutes are still king

What makes you think that they are now interested in anything other than minutes and handsets. Nothing has changed in mobile, they have been gorging themselves on a diet of increasing minutes, extortionate roaming charges and ever more expensive hand sets - why would they be interested in developing alternative revenue streams?

They have never been interested in anything else. That's why they've never been able to actually do anything with 3G.

Mobile data? "That's just like minutes but called Megabyte thingees isn't it? Wow that has the word 'Mega' in it, I'm sure that marketing must be able to do something cool with that"

Talk to any account manager from any mobile firm and unless you're placing an order for a shed load of handsets or negotiating a new, even bigger minutes plan watch their eyes glaze over. "But I'm sure your employees would like to be able to download ringtones, just so that they can tell it's thier phone ringing in the office". Just for once I'd like to deal with a mobile firm that understands that a business is not just like a consumer but with more handsets.

Gah!

Anonymous Coward

As they say

If you're jumping on a bandwagin, you're too late.

This topic is closed for new posts.