Feeds

back to article Microsoft recruits OpenID evangelist

Microsoft has recruited an open-systems digital-identity expert to help give users of Windows services a flexible system of identity and single sign-on. Dick Hardt, co-author of the OpenID 2.0 specification and co-founder of the OpenID Foundation, is joining Microsoft as a partner architect working on consumer, enterprise, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Gates Horns

OpenID Provider Only?

Microsoft have been an OpenID provider for some time, i.e., they allow you to use Windows Live ID to log into other services. They don't currently allow you to do the reverse, i.e., use another OpenID provider (like Google or Yahoo) to access Windows Live ID. OpenID is going to end up being pretty pointless if all the big players stay this way; all take and no give.

Thumb Up

Fnnaaarrrr

Dick Hardt? Excellent name.

Joke

Dick Hardt?

LMAO!

Flame

SXIP appears to have been dormant for some time

SXIP on google code hasn't had a release of any sort since February and is at version 0.9 complete with a selection of know defects that require you to download and compile the source for yourself.

As an open source project it lacks somewhat, I've found joid a far better proposal for JEE web sites.

If this is all it takes to get a plum job with the devil, maybe I should be applying for high-flying jobs too?

This topic is closed for new posts.