Geeks Guide 2 Christmas So we come to the third part of our trilogy of festive books, all at 40% OFF the list price. From Chocolate to WWII, Doctor Who to the Pentium, there’s something for everyone here and every order placed will be despatched same day, even the ones that qualify for free P&P. Cadbury's Purple Reign Cadbury …
Bit of a "meh" list.
I already own the three most interesting books on the list.
I also own "More Joel On Software" book which was a big, big disappointment: 75% is re-hashes of previous books and the other 25% is economic theory 101 by an amateur and not worth reading.
A history of chocolate? Big woop.
How to be a Geek Goddess? My wife has me to advise her on which Mac to buy. Isn't it bad enough that men are already supposedly redundant in so many areas that we have to surrender this as well? I think not ;)
So overall a big fat "meh".
And Paris Hilton because she knows she needs a real geek.
Devaluation of gods --- 40% less all-powerful now.
Wow, so you get `godess' status in any topic by reading one flimsy book on it?
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things