EU Telecoms Commissioner Viviane Reding hasn't given up pushing Mobile TV on anyone who'll listen, and has just published a set of guidelines in the hope that gentle persuasion will work where attempted legislation failed. The EU still apparently believes that Mobile TV is going to be worth €7.8bn by 2013 as everyone leaps to …
..or, if someone was so desperate to watch TV whilst on the move, why not just buy a pocket TV and watch it for nothing (license fee aside, of course) ?
DVb-t is killing DVb-h and 3G video.
Various makes of GSM phones have built in DVB-t and mobile receivers start at 5".
MediaFlo and Nextwaves TV have no more change either.
Cant even give it away
mobile TV broadcast or IP is a great idea IF IT IS FREE
even then, companies find it hard to even give it away - look at ROK (http://www.rok.tv/) - theyve gone bust and screwed their staff trying to give it away for years
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat