A new variant of the Koobface worm has returned to menace users of Facebook. As before, the malware generates messages to friends of infected users on the social networking website. These messages direct the unwary into visiting websites that supposedly offer video clips. Would-be marks are told they need the latest copy of …
No big deal
Might scare some people away from facebook.
Sexually Transmitted Infections
....."targets Facebook users"
No big loss there.
Nah, these are Facebook lusers. You're crediting them with waaaay too much intelligence.
The only thing it'll cause is a sh*t load of support calls to various friends / organisations / mates from the pub from people wanting to know why their funny video won't play even though they've installed the right codec when prompted.
Any explanation of the worm / fake codec, its effects and such will be countered with: "So, how *do* I get the funny video to play then?"
Flames, 'cos like most who understand computers I know a lot of people who a) don't and b) have my phone number........
I read that as knobface.
I thought that was the worm,/trojan...It will never see the light of day in my household (i've blocked it).
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids