Inadequate cybersecurity is posing an unacceptable risk to US national security, according to a report released Monday that recommends President Elect Barack Obama create of a new White House post to fix the problem. The cyber chief should report directly to the President and oversee a comprehensive strategy that combines …
Another day, another report ... another czar.
"The document, titled Securing Cyberspace for the 44th Presidency, also proposes Obama establish a National Office for Cyberspace" ... what, no Second Life White House?
Any else thinking...
the San Francisco network blocking admin would be ideal for this job?
Who are the "others"?
"Our research and interviews for this report made it clear that we face a long-term challenge in cyberspace from foreign intelligence agencies and militaries, criminals, and others,"
Surely that can only be the press or opposition politicians - on second thoughts, politicians probably all fall under "criminals".
How about Gary McKinnon?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro