AMD will get a smaller stake in spinning-off its manufacturing arm into a separate wafer fab company and get less cash from the investment firm injecting funds into the deal. AMD logo The struggling chip maker today announced a revised pact with the two Abu Dhabi firms behind the deal, ATIC and the Mubadala Development …
What about the layoffs?
Wondering why elreg hasn't yet reported on all the redundancies AMD made in Germany a couple of weeks ago? It seems to have been 'missed' by several of the bigger online tech rags!
Took the editor out to lunch did they?
This is typical AMD-Hector Ruiz JIVE! They would have the money for the so called joint venture if they had not have dumped it into the ATI video card buy out. Looks like the Arabs will have pretty much a lot of control of the fab venture! What about the status of the Spansion, LLC workers in Austin? They got hit for about 154 persons-to-the-soup line. Oh well....
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job