Corporates under the cost-reduction cosh and facing ever-rising PC costs will increasing turn to desktop virtualization says IDC, which has a report on the subject to sell. By shipping virtual desktops to PCs, notebooks, thin clients, and other possible end-point devices corporates can drastically reduce the costs of …
Again and Again, Virtual Desktop, without a single Mention of SUN MICROSYSTEMS, and SUNRAY.......
You have to question the validity of a report on desktop Visualization that doesn't include the Citrix offering but includes niche players like Sentillion and Moka65 alongside VMWare. OK, its difficult to judge without shelling out for the full report and reading it all, but it just looks ......weird. Its a bit much to expect them to include IBM's offering since it was only announced last week. @ Christopher - agreed, it would be good if at least one of the big analysts paid some attention to Sun - maybe Sun need to take them to lunch more often?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers