Brussels has invited a senior Google lawyer and lobbyist to join a new quango to help it decide the future of European data protection legislation. "The aim of the group is to identify issues and challenges raised by new technologies. We are not reviewing the main data protection laws at present, but this could be a first step …
ooh - was that sarcasm?
>as a pig soared 10,000 feet overhead.
Please tell me, I can't tell any more :-(
This is like...
...asking a Wraith* to feed on me, or a nu-labour minister to tell the truth about warrants or a tone bliar to talk about WMD or etc
Paris: just because
*SG-Atlantis for all you non-believers
they'll save us from privacy!
Clueless government officials ask industry experts for advice. Ooh, let's see... How about Home Office asks major IT consultancy about viability of national identity database? Or Department of Transport asks major bus operator about the future of public transport? Nothing to see here. Just lots to complain about.
One easy lesson
EU: We'd like to learn about avoiding anal rape.
Google: Sure, pass the KY, bend over and get ready for your first lesson.
Only one pig?
I think you'll find it was a whole herd of pigs.
Their nephews are all monkeys, too.
Don' t EVER underestimate Brussels. Once you have been invited into the mincing machine YOU WILL BE Hamburgers.
why not invite Phorm?
i hear they have some great ideas about data protection too.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast