We like the Acer Aspire One netbook's out-of-the-box UI. It's like Mac OS X's Dock writ large: a way of giving you easy access to key apps, but right in front of you, not tucked down at the bottom of the screen. However, you really should be presented with the apps you want, not what Acer believes you should have. Customising …
Must there always be four icon panels and are they fixed in place by the OS?
If the answer to both is "yes". then could one take "slices" of the background graphic in an image-editing program, save the parts that would normally be hidden by the panels and use them as the panel graphics?
Inelegant, I know, but it would at least give the impression of the icons floating over the BG. (Hey... I'm not a coder; I'm just the Graphics Geek!)
Good idea - and I tried it, without success. Acer's code appears to put in a solid black titlebar and a solid grey icon panel if it's asked to place a graphic it doesn't 'know' about.
what, just like window$?
1 Solution Install Ubuntee Eee From Pen Drive
Dont bother with this config rubbish...
Ubuntu Eee will work with Acer Aspire One. Thats what I did, it installed all drivers automatically and runs like a dream. All the info you need is here:
And can be installed from pen drive easily. Once installed you can also add any software package easily at the click of a button, VLC, Skype, Azureus etc...
I would like to know:
1. How to replace Firefox 2 with Firefox 3 easily without having to partially deinstall 2, install 3, partially reinstall 2.
2. How to get Thunderbird to show the number of unread emails under the icon as the crappy inbuilt email reader does. Replacing the email client with Thunderbird was a model of simplicity, but the email icon always shows 0 unread.
Great series of articles though. I learn something new with each one.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2