Launch of a headset that lets gamers control videogames using their brainwaves has been delayed, because the device doesn’t... er... work as planned. Emotiv_Epoc_01 Emotiv Systems' Epoc neuroheadset: delayed until next year Emotiv Systems’ Epoc neuroheadset was paraded before drooling journalists in August this year at the …
seen this before....
Isnt that the SQID receptor sported by Raph Fiennes in Strange Days?
It seems from the marketing snaps that it either induces palsy or a stroke in the wearer...
Of course it wont work , the kit required to diseminate between brain pinging and external interfearence will have to be so well tuned because even poor light switches would interfere with this technology let alone laptop screens and wizzing hard drives..cmon!! thats why similar experiments run in labs use Brain embedded probes in monkeys... weve a few more years yet for this to move out the gimmick phase
Actually it could work...
...seeing as I am working with a similar device* at the moment. The device I have is basically just taking an EEG and interference isn't really a problem. The hard part is figuring out what the voltages you measured mean, which takes quite a bit of processing and some tricks.
Still I doubt that their device would work (well) as it is simply quite complicated technology and their device seems quite far from existing technology that I have seen.
manufactured by g-tec - http://www.gtec.at/
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16