PlayStation 3 price cuts have appeared on SonyStyle’s UK website, but Sony Europe has denied that it’s not responsible for the move because the website is a franchise. David Wilson, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's spokesman-in-chief, told gaming website Spong that SonyStyle is free to “independently choose its own strategy …
All other sellers bound to follow suit. I would buy a £249 for a 40GB PS3 any day of the week, rather than £199 for a 360, and then still have to buy extras like Wifi, and pay to play online. (that £50 difference will be sucked up in 2 years on online playing fees on 360)
"denied that it’s not responsible"
Isn't that the same as "admitted it's responsible"?
They desperately need to do something to get them out the door; sales are well below the expectations Sony gave to the stock market.
Our Gamestation is selling one hell of a lot of PS3 units (consoles and bundles right now), It's neck and neck with the 360 at the mo, which is great considering the 360 has just got a price drop.
In the U.S., Sonyrewards.com is offering $150 off a PS3 if you sign up for their credit card. That's an 80G model for $249.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes