back to article Web 2.0rhea outbreak bought, killed

Blogging software maven Six Apart has acquired and killed a minor outbreak of Web 2.0rhea. In announcing its purchase of the Twitter-like Pownce, Six Apart also announced that the micro-bogging app would disappear in thirteen days. "As of today, Pownce will no longer be accepting new users," read an email sent to Web2.0rhea …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Happy

"micro-boggers"?

Intentional pun, freudian slip, or simple typo?

Self correction, doh!

Not MIT, rest of comment still stands. Bah.

Paris Hilton

Good.

Someone hated it so much they bought it just make it stop ? If only I had that sort of money.

IIRC Pownce's 'selling' point was file transfer, ICBA to look it up, but the 'About' web page said something like "we were just a bunch of valley airheads sitting round in our cubicles drooling, to fucking clueless to figure out how to attach files to an email or use an FTP server, look what we did!"

I don't know if any reg readers have ever perused Leah Culver's blog, for an MIT alumni, she codes like an autistic monkey.

Classic fail.

Paris, because she's even cheaper than that Leah Culver gag I was going to make (and how come FF3 knows how to spell 'Leah Culver' ????)

Bronze badge

Remember:

The core word for "Twitter" is "twit".

Thumb Up

Pownce?

Never heard of it.

Flame

Daily WTF material

Thanks for that The Other Steve - have just finished reading this classic post from Leah's blog:

http://leahculver.com/2007/04/19/star-ratings/

If all her code was like this, no wonder Six Apart are binning Pwnce and starting over.

Paris Hilton

Ponce?

NT

Unhappy

OMG...

I thought my code was terrible (Tester BTW), but apart from the fact I'd have used more GOTOs I could have produced better....

Thumb Up

Micro-Blogging!

I think the first Micro-blogging software was from Blue Puff Software (via the open source ASP package "The Aquarium").

Twitter took that and made it into a service. I wonder what the creators of Pownce have found now to make into a new service??

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums