Nokia wants applications for its smart home box, but it's also sniffing around for companies interested in selling the Linux-based home-automation gateway with their own branding. The Nokia Home Control Center (NHCC) is a Linux-based box incorporating a swath of wireless technologies, with room to add more, in the hope of …
Non windows based home control
Not new Nokia- from the comment in the article, one might suppose someone in Finland has got the idea from an in depth look at the controller marketed by Adapt Control Solutions headquartered in Oslo (www.adaptcontrol.com) Also sold in the UK as part of an integrated total building management system-not just for a/v. Imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
"..to present a unified interface to the user who
doesn't want everything depending on their Windows box.."
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks