Nokia wants applications for its smart home box, but it's also sniffing around for companies interested in selling the Linux-based home-automation gateway with their own branding. The Nokia Home Control Center (NHCC) is a Linux-based box incorporating a swath of wireless technologies, with room to add more, in the hope of …
Non windows based home control
Not new Nokia- from the comment in the article, one might suppose someone in Finland has got the idea from an in depth look at the controller marketed by Adapt Control Solutions headquartered in Oslo (www.adaptcontrol.com) Also sold in the UK as part of an integrated total building management system-not just for a/v. Imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
"..to present a unified interface to the user who
doesn't want everything depending on their Windows box.."
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Apple sends in the bulldozers as Fruit Loop construction begins