Nokia wants applications for its smart home box, but it's also sniffing around for companies interested in selling the Linux-based home-automation gateway with their own branding. The Nokia Home Control Center (NHCC) is a Linux-based box incorporating a swath of wireless technologies, with room to add more, in the hope of …
Non windows based home control
Not new Nokia- from the comment in the article, one might suppose someone in Finland has got the idea from an in depth look at the controller marketed by Adapt Control Solutions headquartered in Oslo (www.adaptcontrol.com) Also sold in the UK as part of an integrated total building management system-not just for a/v. Imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
"..to present a unified interface to the user who
doesn't want everything depending on their Windows box.."
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Origins of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE fished out of SCOTTISH LAKE