Feeds

back to article BT sees Wi-Fi usage double

BT is trumpeting figures that show Wi-Fi usage has doubled since last year, with users clocking up more than a million minutes a day during September - but all is not quite what it seems. Access to BT's wireless network topped 10m minutes on one day during September, and average figures for the month are twice what they were …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Pirate

No problem imagining it...

The problem is not with imagining it... The problem is with the 3G networks handling that amount of data...

Alert

Sod the WiFi......

I Neeeedd more TINFOIL!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone started looking at how the cancer clusters are coming on....

DO YOU! Hate your neighbours????

fit WiFi and some Highly Directional Antennas...

Cancer..... Coming to Neighbour near you SOON!

Minutes?!

Since when has minutes been a descriptive unit of data usage? Is this some quirky BT hangover from 20th Century communications? For all we know, the 'minutes' could just be passing iPhones which auto connect

Jobs Horns

iPhones on FON?!

Wait... is this the same "FON" which you gain access to if you share your own internet connection? Does this mean anyone with an iPhone can come along and start using any FON member's broadband for free, without actually contributing anything in return?

I'm no utopian freetard, but that sounds like freeloading to me... Is there a way to programme your router to reject connections from iPhones (and any other freeloading devices).

@ Adam

You know, that was my immediate thought as well, damn, iPhone users on my broadband - until I remembered I lived in West Yorkshire, probably not more than a dozen iPhones in the entire county, plus which, even tho' I switched on FON, I've not used it personally (Virgin mobile, good call & text minutes, expensive internet tariff).

@AC -Sod the Wi-Fi

No enough information available to work out whether you are being sarcastic or are one of these loons that believes the cellular masts are coming.

Puzzled icon please?

This topic is closed for new posts.