Feeds

back to article Danish IT chief 'on the run', suspected of fraud

Interpol is seeking the missing boss of a bankrupt Danish IBM reseller IT Factory, who is suspected of frauds totalling $85m. Local police are also investigating a brutal attack on a reported business partner of Stein Bagger days before his disappearance. Danish daily Berlingske Tidende reports that Bagger left his wife last …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

The truth

He's actually been set up by the BOFH.

Happy

sounds like bagger bating

sounds like bagger bating

Silver badge
Coat

Have after. To what issue will this come?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

...mine's the one with a skull in the pocket.

And I Thought Danes Were Nice Folk!

Well, if he was hoping to get e short sentence based on this being a so-called white collar crime the attack on the business partner may have blown it big style.

Of course, growing your figures via some dodgy book keeping is a bit of a pastime in the UK. Azlan anyone?

RE:The truth

£10 says they find him traped in a lift were the old Halon system appears to have been accidentaly re-activated and set off, and the CCTV tapes wiped at the same time.

G
Coat

Where's mine

Ah tis the one with a pen in the pocket.

Bronze badge
Coat

Stein Bagger

...a stone blagger, then...?

Boffin

*Where* is the company registered?

The last I looked, "Polynesia" is not a state - it's a region comprised of several independent states. You might as well say a company is registered in "Europe", for all the information that gives you.

Anonymous Coward

It's registered in...

Niue - no, I didn't recognize that either... :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niue

Polynesia is a bit more comprehensible, if not as exact.

And now a fight will break out among the hacks to get to go there and "research", I bet. :-)

Coat

Stien Bagger

Any student caught stealing glasses at a German bar?

Thumb Up

No easy way out for him

"Well, if he was hoping to get e short sentence based on this being a so-called white collar crime"

A law professor has stated that he's looking at 6-7 years going by earlier cases. The assault could add perhaps 1 year to that (the partner didn't die - aggravated assault/attempted manslaughter at most) since sentences are served simultaneously in Denmark - it wouldn't matter all that much. He'd be out after 3 or 4 years anyway.

Of course, then there'd be the slight matter of a miffed partner - maybe mr. Bagger will need his contacts in Hells Angels after all. ;-)

Thumb Down

The chairman did not file for Bankruptcy until Monday

Corrected time line:

Thursday: CEO Stein Bagger disappears, Chairman Asger Jensby and his henchmen begin raiding the offices looking for anything suspicious.

Friday: Chairman still finds nothing suspicious in the offices

Saturday: Chairman still finds nothing but hears that the CEO has recently rented an extra office in a hotel next door. The office key is lying openly in the CEO's official office.

Sunday: Chairman searches the extra office and finds leasing contracts with fake chairman signatures and other revealing documents. Chairman estimates that at least half a billion kroner (about 85 million $) of past income is really debt to leasing financing banks.

Monday: Chairman files for immediate complete bankruptcy (no bankruptcy protection phase first). Chairman holds press conference at 11:00 am detailing the above time line and findings. www.itfactory.com redirected to dummy "gone bankrupt" page.

This topic is closed for new posts.