Feeds

back to article Road-legal 125mph prototype electric superbike demo'd

An electric motorbike capable of a 125mph top speed has made its debut. Designed and built by British engineers, the TTX01 was commissioned by the organisers of the world's first emissions-free grand Prix for motorbikes, the TTX GP, which will be held on the Isle of Man's TT circuit on 12 June 2009. e-bike TTX GP's 'leccy racer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

nice

Nice looking Bike, but why does the outfit in the background of the second picture look like its been kicked in the beanbag?

Flame

Electrical mumble jumble

All this emissions free, electrical wonders are a load of ***. The first hybrid car is a 100 YEARS OLD PORSCHE!

The real advances are to be made on the efficiency and standardisation of the power source, the batteries.

Jump to the probable future and all you do is stop at the station to get a set of fresh batteries, so the old ones can be either recycled or disposed of safely.

Lets not talk about cars that can move using water (which has loads of H in it).

The whole effort right now is purely a marketing exercise by old fashion transport companies trying to maintain the status quo and soothing our consciences for allowing them to do so. NONSENSE!

Silver badge

Driven front wheel?

Have you ever ridden a two-wheel drive motorcycle?

I have. I once owned a Rokon ... At speeds of over ~30 MPH it was ... interesting. Top-end was about 45MPH, maybe 50 on a good day, and absolutely hair-raising. I can't imagine 100+ on something with that kind of geometry ... I, for one, have no interest in riding a two-wheel drive sport bike.

The Rokon was a really good narrow-trail maintenance tractor, though. I'm currently looking for a used one in good condition :-)

Boffin

Er...

So if you give it the full beans, it'll run out of juice 3/4 of the way round the Mountain Circuit?

Fail.

Flame

How is electricity "emission free"?

See title. Just because the emissions happen at the power station not the exhaust doesn't make the bloody thing green.

Sheesh. We're all doomed.

--

hot-swappable battery packs?

Do we really need hot-swappable battery packs? Will we swap batteries while driving?

This topic is closed for new posts.