Double, tall, skinny, hold the foam latte drinkers rejoice - café chain Pret A Manger will soon let you pay for your coffee and sandwiches wirelessly. By April next year, the chain plans to have installed Near-Field Communications (NFC) equipment – the principal technology behind wireless payments – in 171 of its UK stores. The …
“dramatically reduce queuing times” is marketingspeak for 'dramatically reduce staffing costs'.
Wasted opportunity here - Pret should have included an incentive scheme like Cafe Nero (i.e. every 10th Coffee free) built into the payment card. Mind you, that would bring in the crowds and lengthen queues so maybe it's best not to !
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers