Double, tall, skinny, hold the foam latte drinkers rejoice - café chain Pret A Manger will soon let you pay for your coffee and sandwiches wirelessly. By April next year, the chain plans to have installed Near-Field Communications (NFC) equipment – the principal technology behind wireless payments – in 171 of its UK stores. The …
“dramatically reduce queuing times” is marketingspeak for 'dramatically reduce staffing costs'.
Wasted opportunity here - Pret should have included an incentive scheme like Cafe Nero (i.e. every 10th Coffee free) built into the payment card. Mind you, that would bring in the crowds and lengthen queues so maybe it's best not to !
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook