Double, tall, skinny, hold the foam latte drinkers rejoice - café chain Pret A Manger will soon let you pay for your coffee and sandwiches wirelessly. By April next year, the chain plans to have installed Near-Field Communications (NFC) equipment – the principal technology behind wireless payments – in 171 of its UK stores. The …
“dramatically reduce queuing times” is marketingspeak for 'dramatically reduce staffing costs'.
Wasted opportunity here - Pret should have included an incentive scheme like Cafe Nero (i.e. every 10th Coffee free) built into the payment card. Mind you, that would bring in the crowds and lengthen queues so maybe it's best not to !
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip