Double, tall, skinny, hold the foam latte drinkers rejoice - café chain Pret A Manger will soon let you pay for your coffee and sandwiches wirelessly. By April next year, the chain plans to have installed Near-Field Communications (NFC) equipment – the principal technology behind wireless payments – in 171 of its UK stores. The …
“dramatically reduce queuing times” is marketingspeak for 'dramatically reduce staffing costs'.
Wasted opportunity here - Pret should have included an incentive scheme like Cafe Nero (i.e. every 10th Coffee free) built into the payment card. Mind you, that would bring in the crowds and lengthen queues so maybe it's best not to !
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity