Double, tall, skinny, hold the foam latte drinkers rejoice - café chain Pret A Manger will soon let you pay for your coffee and sandwiches wirelessly. By April next year, the chain plans to have installed Near-Field Communications (NFC) equipment – the principal technology behind wireless payments – in 171 of its UK stores. The …
“dramatically reduce queuing times” is marketingspeak for 'dramatically reduce staffing costs'.
Wasted opportunity here - Pret should have included an incentive scheme like Cafe Nero (i.e. every 10th Coffee free) built into the payment card. Mind you, that would bring in the crowds and lengthen queues so maybe it's best not to !
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support