Consumers across the European Union could be given new powers to join forces to sue a business under plans announced by the European Commission today. Class action lawsuits could be publicly funded under the proposals. The Commission's Green Paper on Consumer Collective Redress (pdf) proposes new ways of dealing with situations …
Do I smell Vista Ready lawsuit?
Because class action lawsuits work so well in America, noone ever goes about a class action on the off-chance and their courts are not clogged up at all.
But the US taxpayer does not fund these suits up front..
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt