Consumers across the European Union could be given new powers to join forces to sue a business under plans announced by the European Commission today. Class action lawsuits could be publicly funded under the proposals. The Commission's Green Paper on Consumer Collective Redress (pdf) proposes new ways of dealing with situations …
Do I smell Vista Ready lawsuit?
Because class action lawsuits work so well in America, noone ever goes about a class action on the off-chance and their courts are not clogged up at all.
But the US taxpayer does not fund these suits up front..
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe