AMD's upcoming Phenom revamp, based on the introduction of the Socket AM3 interconnect, will indeed be dubbed the 'Phenom II' while versions of the family will become the first three- and four-core Athlons. According to Asian industry moles cited by Chinese-language site HKEPC, the upcoming Athlon X2, X3 and X4 will contain - as …
Memories of an oldie
Having worked on CPU and MMU design 40 years ago, I continue to be amazed that we use basically the same CPU architecture (at least 50 years new) and, while running it so much faster and cramming more and more functions in, actually manage to make it work properly. We simulated the design 40 years ago and made it work first time, that skill was then lost for a while, and then it came back and delivers.
AMD currently do well at the low - mid range sector but for the High end/Enthusiast the Phenoms just dont compete. I highly doubt these Phenom II's will make any headway towards competing with the i7 which is what im going for next. The question with the i7 is do you go for an ATi or nVidia based graphics card or have both for a laugh
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung