Troublemaking investor Carl Icahn has doubled his stake in Yahoo! despite sitting on a billion dollar loss from his first stake in the firm. Icahn built up a huge stake in Yahoo! in May when shares were floating around $25. He tried, and failed, to get the board to accept a $33 a share offer from Microsoft. According to an SEC …
Drive it down, buy it cheap, sell at profit
I hope the Yahoo shareholders sue Icahn over his use of trojan board members.
If they want their money back, he has lots and lots to give.
With Yang the Wang out of the way...
..they are still screwed. Seems like Icahn does not understand the concept of cutting his losses.
Is! Icahn! any! better! than! he! was! before?!
new entry in the dictionary ...
Chief yahoo : Blundering Idiot
I don't understand the numbers
"Carl Icahn has doubled his stake in Yahoo! despite sitting on a billion dollar loss from his first stake in the firm."
Icahn built up ..when shares were floating around $25.
..bought another 6.9 million shares - for less than $10 each."
I don't get the mathematics here. If he has doubled his stake, that means he initially bought 6.9 million shares for around $172 million. So how can he lose $1 billion from owning $172 million worth of shares?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout