Troublemaking investor Carl Icahn has doubled his stake in Yahoo! despite sitting on a billion dollar loss from his first stake in the firm. Icahn built up a huge stake in Yahoo! in May when shares were floating around $25. He tried, and failed, to get the board to accept a $33 a share offer from Microsoft. According to an SEC …
Drive it down, buy it cheap, sell at profit
I hope the Yahoo shareholders sue Icahn over his use of trojan board members.
If they want their money back, he has lots and lots to give.
With Yang the Wang out of the way...
..they are still screwed. Seems like Icahn does not understand the concept of cutting his losses.
Is! Icahn! any! better! than! he! was! before?!
new entry in the dictionary ...
Chief yahoo : Blundering Idiot
I don't understand the numbers
"Carl Icahn has doubled his stake in Yahoo! despite sitting on a billion dollar loss from his first stake in the firm."
Icahn built up ..when shares were floating around $25.
..bought another 6.9 million shares - for less than $10 each."
I don't get the mathematics here. If he has doubled his stake, that means he initially bought 6.9 million shares for around $172 million. So how can he lose $1 billion from owning $172 million worth of shares?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2