The maverick military mayhemware mavens of DARPA have once again sent ripples of sensation oscillating through the world of acronyms, as they ask the US tech community to build them an "iPhoD". This is not, perhaps curiously, a fruitbite-branded music appliance and/or smartphone. The boffinry chiefs of DARPA may be eccentric, …
Get the name first and then build a weapon around the name?
Good lord. Are you sure that's how it ought to be done?
Yanks will be Yanks I guess. I hope Apple sues them.
me too, me too! :)
I sincerely hope Apple engages in legal nastygram-sending aswell. Since this may give Apple such a run for their money, we might GET RID OF that corporation. With some luck, Apple executives may find out that A) they don't hold copyright to the lower case "i", and B) How little society will be hurt by Apple disappearing in a short, bright flash. (And yes, I'm starting to think that all Apple customers needs to get their heads checked, and all people selling Apple gear should be tried using terrorism laws)
"thereby furthering the technological precision of our military."
Does that mean an end to "collateral damage", "friendly fire", or whatever it's called this week?
Does that mean an end to the $50M spanner, or is this a plan for $50M for 1" pieces of optical fibre?
I think we should be told.
I thought I had a good education...
...but the only bit I've understood of all this is that Apple might sue over the name.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?