Opera Mini has found its way onto the Android Market with version 4.2, an incremental release that increases execution speed as well as linking to native media players and bringing back the skinning feature that vanished with version 4. Non-Android owners can download the browser in the old-fashioned way, but Android users can …
US data center means faster browsing
The big update in the new Opera Mini is that Opera Software have open a new data center in the US. Thus making it much faster for all users as much of Opera Mini's traffic is directed to the new data center.
Also, the availability of YouTube Mobile on more phones is pretty cool.
thanks el reg!
i must have been living under a rock. I have put this on my imate jasjam (htc tytn) and it is gold. Thanks for letting me know about it. Keep up the good work
20 Million can't be wrong!
Major kudos to the Opera Mini team. Mini is my lifeline to the outside world from behind the corporate firewall here.
Paris because she loves taking it everywhere.
just adding my love
I've gone gay for Opera Mini
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide