Feeds

back to article Domain hijack fears over Gmail exploit

A Gmail exploit which might be abused to allow domain hijacking has reared its ugly head once more. The reported vulnerability revolves around the potential ability for hackers to create a malicious filter without needing to obtain the login credentials for a Gmail account. A flaw of this type hit web designer David Airey back …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

I didn't think

anyone who valued privacy was stupid enough to use gmail for anything but the most trivial and insensitive of communications. I guess equating ignorance with stupidity could be seen as a bit severe. Whatever, the result is the same.

Don't use web based email services for private and sensitive communications.

Anonymous Coward

a title shouldn't be required

As far as I'm aware (and I could well be wrong), gmail is still in beta.

Anyone using a beta product for something that is important to them is pretty stupid.

Paris Hilton

@adnim

as opposed to receiving email through the post?

Silver badge

@AC (Paris)

No, silly. As opposed IMAP or POP3. Please remember, the web is not the internet.

Go

Oh well..............

may as well ditch gmail, its obviously no good. In fact I don't think I'll bother wit t'internet anymore - back to paper and pen...if only I could find a post office. Ha!

Silver badge

@Paul

Thank you for educating AC. I just couldn't be bothered.

But even with IMAP and POP3 although less susceptible to 3rd party snooping and thus more secure, If the email is not encrypted...

This topic is closed for new posts.